2015 was a very big running year for me! I am happy to report that I went on 212 runs and ran 950.06 miles in 167:27:28 (h:m:s). I also achieved a PR in two distances [according to my Garmin]: New Hampshire half marathon 2:06:03 [official time 2:06:20] and Marine Corps Marathon 5:20:03 [official time 5:26:03].
- stay healthy – No injuries to report.
- run more new races and less repeat races – I only ran 2 repeat races: Hollis Fast 5K and Yule Light up the Night.
- run an inaugural race – I ran 3: Shirt Chaser 7K, North Shore 10mi, and Black Goose 5K.
- run a 2:00 half-marathon – not quite – 2:06:03 according to my Garmin, but official results were based on gun time, so not really sure.
- do strength training 2x/week – during marathon training, at best, I did it once a week.
- run my 1st marathon – I did it!
complete 2 marathons
PR in the half marathon and marathon distances
run 1 race per month
incorporate strength training weekly
run a race in each of the New England states
I am excited to use my new believe journal to document my year in fitness.